Sensitivity is a great strength to possess. Sensitivity builds relationships, saves lives and allows artists to create beautiful works. Sensitivity allows you to be responsive to a baby’s needs or understand what your mate might feel/want. Don’t be afraid to be sensitive. Here are some things you can do:
1. Listen to a stream and pay attention to how the water runs over each little stone
2. Watch the sunset on a quiet beach and see if you can hear the ocean sizzle as the sun descends then disappears. See how the sky changes into different colors as the sun sets. Savor the moment.
3. Observe how the same perfume or cologne smells on different people
4. Notice the subtleties in an individual as their mood begins to change
5. Pay attention to the slight change of tempo/melody in a song and how that affects you
6. Set out different fabrics. Close your eyes and touch each one slowly. See what thoughts come to mind when you touch cotton, silk, polyester, rayon, etc.
7. Understand what your simple pleasures are and learn the simple pleasures of love ones and friends. Make it your goal to provide simple pleasures daily. Sincerely complimenting someone else does not cost you a dime and might be someone else’s simple pleasure.
8. Before you pass judgment on another person or culture try to truly understand why, what or how.
Sensitivity gives you great awareness which can be helpful in all aspects of your life. As a musician it helps me to be in sync with the musicians I’m performing with, the needs of the audience before me and the mood/vibrations of any given moment. Be strong, be true, and be sensitive. Live life, love, and give…